Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm On Vacation!

I don't want to rub it in or anything, but I am on vacation.... woo hoo ...(doing the vacation dance hee...hee...hee). I am looking forward to having the time off to spend with Jen and the kids. It kind of stinks, though, Jen has to work next week. Oh well, maybe I will be able to get some projects started around the house next week. Of course, I always have these wonderful projects planned, but typically never accomplished any of them. I am sure others can relate, at least I hope!

Well, A.J. seems to be doing better in school. The day after my last post (I know Lynne, it has been awhile....) A.J. came home and informed me he got his name on the board again. I sat down and had another father/son talk (its weird to say that...). He told me that he would try to be better. Well, it took a couple of days but he succeeded! When I got home Thursday evening, A.J. came running down the hall will a big smile on his face. He informed me that he did not get his name on the board. Needless to say, I was very proud of him. He informed me tonight that his name was not on the board again. I know that what he is doing is nothing major, but it really was bugging both Jen and I. It was a learning lesson for us both. It was my first sit down and talk with him. I am sure it will be the first of many, but I just wasn't expecting it so soon in his schooling career.

Speaking of school, A.J. has been picked to be a wise man for an upcoming Christmas play for his school, Liberty Christian. We have to supply the costume. Jen informed me that my mom will be making the custume and Jen will be making the head gear (don't recall the techincal name). This ought to be interesting! I most definetely will need to capture A.J.'s acting debut on video. Of course, if it is anything like his soccer playing days, he will be sitting on mom or dad's lap while his classmates are performing :)

Daniel and Jen have both been under the weather these last couple of days. Jen had the flu on Wednesday, but seems to be on the rebound. Daniel has been pretty cranky these last few evenings. His bedtime has been pushed up to an hour of these last two nights to 6:30. He voice has been pretty hoarse. It actually is pretty cute to listen to him talk. He sounds like an old man! Hopefully, the extra rest will aid in his healing.

Well, tomorrow is the Big Game! I will be going over to my parents to watch the game. My aunt Eddie and Grandpa Raynes will be there. Really looking forward to spending time with them both while watching the game. Go Bucks!!!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Mrs. Palaia said...

school is hard, really hard. Bella school uses green, yellow and red "cards" for behavior. Green being good and red being bad. We have resorted to bribery (I mean rewards) for her when she gets green. Now if she goes a whole week with green she can pick something out and yesterday it was something at Michaels. (Memories)
Hugs
Ani

lbiniker said...

LCA can get picky over little things but I think it's good. I'd rather know if my kids are doing something that they shouldn't be doing even with little things.

Hope you have a great week off and I hope you hear something soon about your new job. I talked with Angela this week and she said they are waiting on paperwork. I'm finding out that everything you do here has "paperwork" attached to it!