Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wash Out!

My plans for getting the wall up got washed out today - Into Each Life a Little RAINS must fall, or in this case a lot of RAIN... I got up and started working on the retaining wall this morning around 9am. My dad got to the house soon after. Got about 2 1/2 hours into working and it started to rain! We were able to get one side of the leveling pad just about finished. Got about 4 base blocked laid and leveled when it started lightning and thundering. The forecast called for possible thunderstorms this afternoon. I was not planning on a steady ran all day! Not complaining though, the grass and plants need the ran (Thank You Lord). The rain subsided a little this evening so I tried to go out and do some more work. Unfortunately, the ground where the patio is going to be laid is very muddy. It also decided to start raining again. Decided it just was not meant for me to work on the wall today. I am hoping to get out tomorrow morning and make some progress. Might take Jen and the kids out to Lowe's tonight to get some bags of leveling sand. Dad and I were having a lot of issues getting the 80lb. block leveled. Hopefully the sand will assist in the leveling process. Hope everyone is having a good, dry Saturday!

Have a Blessed Day!

2 comments:

lbiniker said...

Post pictures of the wall.

lbiniker said...

Never mind...I saw your video.